Sunday, June 28, 2009

It's a Beautiful world...

God, you created a beautiful world
But I’m afraid you made one big mistake
You placed Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden
Knowing full well that they would not obey


How long does it take
For a heart that is broken
To heal
The hurt go away


You see all
You know all
And somehow You thought
We’d be able to take it and take


But the evil exists
On a scale so large
That I’ve not found a way to escape


From this horror that
Eats at my heart and my soul
PLEASE make it all go away


For the sin didn’t stop
With Adam and Eve
And my mind cannot fathom a way


To cope with the madness
Masquerading as truth
Oh the children absorbed in its wake


For the young are the ones
That we hurt for so badly
I know that this isn’t Your way


Things went terribly wrong
When you gave Eve that choice
And we pay for it day after day


Smite us Dear Lord
Start over again
We need a large input of grace


Send somebody who
Will not eat off that tree
One who’ll put that damn snake in his place


God, you created a beautiful world
But I’m afraid that you made one mistake
You placed Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden
Full knowing they’d never obey…




NOTE: Do not judge me, I know that God does not make mistakes. Free will is what causes the problems above...and He had a reason for giving that to us....someday, when I go to that Heavenly place, all will be revealed. LMW