Friday, April 9, 2010

No title...just thoughts...

No title; just thoughts...                                  

I lost a family years ago
Why? Because I didn't know
that “fitting in” meant
giving up
my heart and soul
to those I loved


What should I choose
Their love?
My life?
My mind?
Opinions?
Over time
I knew just what I had to do
Say goodbye
Wouldn't you?


Brothers, sisters, even the son
Grandchildren lost, what have I done?
I scream at night when not awake
I weep in daylight-what will it take
To overcome the pain and grief?
Who is this God, that others seek?



Met a friend who felt like me
Spoke of the Man of which I speak
Slowly, surely, found my way
Albeit hard, went day by day
Miss the young ones most of all
They never visit, they never call
Gave it all to Him above
He showed me He was full of love
And He alone is what I need
When my heart hurts, it’s He who bleeds


HE GAVE this handsome friend to me
Together we could stand the heat
And He who brought this friend of mine
Knew we would last until our time
On earth was through
‘til we would be
With Him Above
Living
Happy
Free


C LMW 2010